Sunday, February 20, 2011

Welcome to my blog

 I tried starting another blog and maybe I will still post on it from time to time but this one won't take nearly as much work because it is just going to be a journal. Potential readers would be those who are interested in my life and also those who are interested in viewing what God is doing in my life as I am away from loved ones and growing closer with God out of necessity because I don't have family or lifelong friends here.

The name of my blog comes from an interesting series of events. When I was training for my deployment I was in fifth squad (AKA CINCO!). First squad always acted like they were better than everyone else so we started sarcastically calling them hero squad. When we got to Baghdad, cinco was put on a different task but they didn't need the whole squad so my team leader and I were transferred to, where else, hero squad. Once there we did the only thing we could do, we owned it. We took the hero thing to the next level and my team leader started to refer to himself as phat hero and then we decided to give everyone hero names. About the time I arrived in Baghdad I was going through a personal renaissance and I was, and still am, spending as much time in Bible study, prayer, praise, and church attendance as possible. So, naturally, my hero name became church hero. I didn't want Jesus hero because to me it is sacrilegious and borderline blasphemous.

I hope you will enjoy seeing what the current situation in Iraq is like and will email me and comment on my blog often. Also, if you have a background image that would fit better than this one, please email it to me. This is just one I found quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment