Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday 18MAR2011

This morning I got woken up at 0815 by Sgt Dow letting me know I had to be up there at 0900, a change from yesterday when I was told 1300. I got up and got dressed and was about to leave when Sgt Dow came back and told me we were on standby so I started my Bible reading. I did my complete goal for my Bible reading today and then fell asleep. I woke up at 1200 and was going to go to lunch but the next thing I knew I was waking up at 1245 and had to leave to work. I got to work and was told to wash a vehicle so I went outside but no one else was out there so I went back inside and noticed some people were eating lunch so I went to the lunchroom but they were cleaning up already, I was too late. So I didn't eat breakfast or lunch.

I went out and washed our vehicle and got my backpack and I drove Sgt. Dow. Our job today was advance party or advon. Advon is where Sgt. Dow checks the next location and makes sure either the meeting is still on and where or that the plane is on time etc. Our first location was a helipad and then Al Faw Palace, which is where most meetings happen here. After that we went to the airport. For some reason he was flying on an airline that flies all the civilian contractors so while we waited all I saw were people with cool hair, beards, and civilian clothes. It made me really want to go on R&R leave. Also while I was there I saw a truck with an International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers sticker in the back. That is the union of which my dad is a member.

After that I came back to the JVB and had supper. After that we got released and I came back and texted with my mom, dad, sister, and two of my brothers, plus Lydia. I had good conversations with all of them. After that I wrote this.

No comments:

Post a Comment