Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday 16MAR2011

I got up at 1100 this morning when Sgt Dow came knocking on my door. I had told him last night "you can just message me" by which I was attempting to imply that if I wasn't online I wasn't awake and didn't want to be bothered, next time I'll just have to spell it out for him. Anyway I got up and did the CrossFit WOD. It was an AMRAP, which means you do as many rounds as possible in a certain time. The exercises were 15 power cleans followed by 30 double unders. Double unders are where you jump rope and spin it fast so the rope goes twice around for each jump. I have to do a substitute which is three regular jump ropes for each double under. I only got two rounds plus like 7 power cleans I think. Sgt Dow was the best in my group with over 5 rounds. My cardiovascular is there my muscles just aren't conditioned enough. I'm confident that that will change over the next year though.

After the workout I came back and showered. I was feeling defeated. My showing on the WOD was pitiful and I was letting that define me. I went to the showers and I played the songs we're singing this Sunday and by the end of the shower I was feeling better. By the time I got dressed there wasn't time for me to go to lunch so I ate an apple I had brought back after dinner last night.

I left for work at 1345 and got to work and helped the Suburban drivers get their vehicles ready because all I have to do is mount my gun and I'm ready so I helped them wash their vehicles. After they left I met with our education officer and he helped me start preparing for college. I started my online application to Idaho State University last night so I figured I'd let him help me. The way he works is a lot of talking in circles so it took forever to get hardly anything done. After that I ate supper then got on the computer.

Some more stuff happened but I'm not sure if it's classified so I won't write about it then finally at a little after 2100 I was released.

No comments:

Post a Comment