Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesday, 16MAR2011

 Today I woke up to go workout with Sgt Dow but he slept in so I talked with Lydia instead. I had to go to work at 0900 but it was completely pointless. Sgt Miner just wanted to "get everyone out of their CHUs." He saw me at church on Sunday and at the formation yesterday, he knows I'm not just rotting in my CHU. Anyway, we were released after about two hours and I returned to my room and sent out some emails and stuff and then I talked with Lydia again. She was having trouble waking up and therefore wasn't very talkative. 

After Lydia went to work I went to the gym. I did 3 miles of 30/60s which is where you sprint for 30 seconds and then jog for 60. I sprinted at 8MPH and jogged at 5.5 for an average pace that was sub 10 minute mile. After that I did a little fit test for myself based off an article I read in the CrossFit journal that told how much of each exercise you should be able to do. I found out I am much lower than I should be. After I finished my workout I saw my friend Percy so I talked to him and he was almost done so we walked together to our CHUs and then we each showered. I met him at Bible study so when we happen to shower at the same time I always blast Christian music in my iHome. 

After the shower I dropped off my laundry and then went to chow with Percy. He had seen a sign for a MWR event so he invited me to go. He and I and another soldier from his unit went to where it was supposed to be but it wasn't there so we went and checked the flyer and it wasn't even on this base so I'm not sure why the poster was hung up. We decided to go hang out at SG Village. We went and shopped and ate some expensive Chinese  food and overall just had a great night. 

When I got home I text chatted on Skype with both my mother and Lydia. Lydia was busy with school most of the time but my mom told me a lot. My grandpa has a form of dementia and has hallucinations and memory loss so my mom is visiting him. She says his condition isn't getting any better but he does at least still have his personality and his body is stronger than ever so he and my mom have been doing work around his yard and garage.

After that I just wrote this and now I'm headed to bed. I have a late start time tomorrow so I'm going to shut down all my electronics and methods for people to contact me, close the blinds and curtains tight, and pay off my long standing sleep debt.

p.s. If anyone knows how I can use my computers built in computer to make You Tube videos please send me instructions. I would like to try vlogging because you can tell emotion much better in video.

No comments:

Post a Comment