Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday,14MAR2011

Today We had a formation at 0800 for my squads Lieutenant to be promoted to 1st Lieutenant. It was nice and she is leaving on R&R today so its nice that they got it done before she left.

After that we were released for the day so I came home and checked Facebook and then went to the gym. As I walked into the gym I saw Chaplain White also going to the gym he gave me the sermon subject and a couple of song suggestions for this Sunday. After that I started my workout. I did about 2.5 miles on the treadmill on random so it automatically changed inclines. It was tough. The reason I said about was I bumped the emergency shutoff which is a magnet and you're supposed to hook a rope up to yourself so if you fall it will shutoff but I just bumped it and I didn't remember exactly how far I had gone. I did that at a 6.7 MPH or about a nine minute mile pace. I was going to do yesterdays CrossFit WOD but someone else was doing it so I couldn't use the medicine ball so I finished my run but I did the last half at a flat grade and at a 6.0 MPH or ten minute mile pace. When I finished that I had to wait on someone else who was doing the WOD from yesterday but finally I got the ball and did the WOD. The WOD was 10 wall balls followed by 10 pull ups for 7 rounds. It took me 14 minutes but I might have done an extra round because I lost count in the middle. Also I was using a 14 pound ball because that is the heaviest ball they have at the Paul Smith gym.

After the workout my clothes were saturated with sweat. It was awesome. I came back to my CHU and drank some Anabolic Halo and some P90X Results and Recovery formula then went and showered. After that I came back here and I'm listening to a CrossFit podcast while writing this. I'm doing this halfway through the day so that tonight I can just edit it and add the rest of the day.

At1830 I went to the chapel. I was the first one there so I sat and read the Ensign on my iPod and just enjoyed the spirit there, then I helped set up for the Bible study, which starts at 1900. It was a good one. God revealed to me one of the reasons I'm here. I was going to BYU-I and I was going to contract in the ROTC program. If I had done that, I wouldn't be here today, but, I chose to go against God's will, and, as a result, I was asked to leave the school. When God saw that that still didn't change me and I was still going to be proud, being still in my comfort zone around my family, He took all that away from me and I was left with no one to turn to except God, and when I did that, things started getting better and he placed helpers in my path who I met through the body of Christ. Now I have a few people who I consider my friends here and while I still miss home, I am helping to strengthen people in the faith here, and who knows but through this ministry their hearts might be open to the message of the true church someday.

After Bible study I went to dinner with two of my friends from Bible study and we fellowshipped and strengthened each other. Those are my favorite meals. After that I came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment