Saturday, March 12, 2011

Twelve miles today

So, every Saturday morning at 0600 Chaplain Nofsinger runs ten miles and invites everyone on the Victory Base Complex to join him. This is the second week that Sgt Dow and I have run with him. On Wednesday we did squats and when I woke up this morning my quads were still sore. It slowed me down significantly but I still finished. The last couple miles the chaplain came back and ran with me so I asked him about the Christian Science church, since that is the congregation he is in charge of. It turns out they have a lot of common ground with LDS beliefs, such as lack of a paid ministry, a central body putting out the teachings so that anywhere you go in the world you get the same lesson, And a belief that God can't disobey his own laws, therefore Biblical miracles aren't supernatural, but supremely natural. I really enjoyed learning that stuff.

After the run I stopped by the JVB for breakfast then Sgt Dow got the keys for the squad truck and we drove down to where we live. I didn't have time to shower so I just put on fresh clothes and went up for work. At work I cleaned my weapons and then fueled up our vehicles. After that we did the CrossFit Workout of the day, or WOD. The WOD for today was run 1 mile, do 100 sit ups, do 100 back extensions, and run another mile. The loop around the lake where the gym is is a 1.25 miles so by the end of that workout I had run 12.5 miles today. After the workout we had lunch, then, I went to get a haircut and decided to get a shave because I've heard good things about barbershop shaves but either my beard is too thick and coarse, or the barbers here don't know what they're doing because it was one of the least comfortable experiences of my life.

After the haircut we got released and I gathered up my clothes and took them to the laundry. I made up a plan to keep my room clean and hopefully fairly odor free when it starts getting hot. I'm going to try to change into PTs every night when I get off work and take the clothes from that day to the laundry. Laundry is free so there's no reason not to do it often. I also took my linen down to exchange it for clean ones but while I was there I forgot to get a new smoke detector battery. mine's been chirping for like 2 weeks now.

After that I went to dinner then wrote this, now I need to read some scriptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment